Employment Opportunities at Wellington Implement
Thank you to Rob Breyley for nine years of service to our customers at our parts counter. Congratulations on returning to your family farm to help keep it successful for the next generation!
Position: PARTS COUNTER SALES ASSOCIATE
Reports to: PARTS MANAGER
Location: WELLINGTON, OH
Wellington Implement has an exciting opportunity for a new Parts Counter Sales Associate. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have excellent customer service skills. This is a very demanding position with little downtime throughout a day full of challenges, which when overcome, are rewarded with appreciation by our loyal customers. We source parts for customers restoring equipment from the 1950’s up to the most high-tech machines made today, so no transaction is the same.
Wellington Implement is a fantastic place to work and call home. In our 89th year of business, we have a long track record and excellent reputation of service to our customers. Average employee tenure is 12 years, with 1/3 of our team averaging 19 years. We have great 401k and insurance benefits as well as offering up to 4 weeks paid time off. We hold one another accountable to a higher standard in the work we do, the upkeep of our facility and vehicles as well as the level of service we deliver to our customers.
Our leadership team is experienced and truly cares about and appreciates contributions made by team members. We commit to keeping you informed at weekly departmental meetings as well as monthly company-wide meetings where financial performance is shared as well as industry information and company initiatives, and from time to time, fun contests where the winner gets bacon.
Our external vision of “Delivering the Ultimate Equipment Experience” is backed by our internal vision of “A dealership staffed with a team of people who demonstrate extreme ownership of opportunities and challenges, and who do more and do it better for their loyal customers”.
If you believe you have what it takes to thrive in this environment, have the right attitude and want to be part of our team, please consider applying for this position.
- Work with our awesome farm, residential, municipal and commercial customers at the front counter as well as on the phone or over text/email sourcing for them the parts requested as well as any other parts needed to complete their repair while understanding and adapting to their time schedule requirements.
- Procure hard-to-find parts from non-traditional vendors and sources.
- Make periodic out-bound calls to accounts to generate additional sales and to check on repairs in progress.
- Pull on-hand parts from inventory using computer look-up and bin style location systems.
- Order parts from vendors as required for all type of orders (daily stock, drop ship, unit down, emergency, etc.)
- Assist at various trade shows the dealership participates in.
- Receive and process incoming part shipments as required.
- Package and ship parts shipments as required.
- From time to time, assist at our other store location.
- Maintain retail store area, shelves and products on display.
- Maintain both internal and external parts storage areas to help ensure a clean and accurate parts inventory.
- Operate a fork lift safety.
- A contagiously positive attitude
- Love for serving others
- Love being part of a successful team
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical knowledge a plus. Candidates with experience with heavy equipment or ag equipment will be given preference.
- Very strong computer skills (everything you do is on a computer)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Effective time management skills
- Arrive at before your required start time ready to work
- Weekend work as required by season
- Run errands for the parts department as needed.
- Responsible for communicating need of equipment and/or supplies.
- High school diploma or GED minimum, Associates degree or higher preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Pass a drug/alcohol test
"I have worked here just over 17 years now in different capacities and at Wellington Implement, you are not just a number or just an employee. You are considered part of a very special team."
-Jeff Gott, Ashland Store Manager
Why Choose Wellington Implement...
We are a family-owned and operated company and provide opportunities for growth in each of our four departments: Parts, Service, Sales, and Accounting.
Management has an open-door policy and keeps you informed of both your own as well as the company’s progress.
We offer competitive wages and reward those who excel in their positions. Additional benefits include
paid vacation (up to 3 weeks/year),
health insurance for employee and family (eye & dental available)
401k matching program,
gym membership discount
We offer flexible scheduling within each of our departments and are open 6 days per week, with seasonal overtime.
As a part of the Wellington business community since 1929, we believe in small town America and love all that it has to offer.
A Sense of Community - While Wellington celebrates its identity as a historic small town, the community is less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, giving residents the best of both worlds.
Annual Wellington Events - Memorial Day Parade, Gazebo Garden Walk, Village-Wide Garage Sale, 4th of July Celebration and Fireworks, Cheese Heritage Festival, 5k and 10k Runs in Spring and Fall, Historic Home Tour, Winter Holiday Events and the Lorain County Fair, which proudly claims to be the 2nd best and the 2nd largest in the state.
Outdoor Life - Located in Lorain County, Wellington residents are centrally located to take advantage of outdoor activities from lakeside to forest. Findley State Park and Lorain County Metro Park are both located just south of the Village of Wellington.
Our Company Philosophies
Community Matters - We work closely with a number of local programs to benefit our community including 4-H and FFA programs, Salvation Army, and Boys & Girls Club. We are involved in local parades, county fairs, and community school sponsorships. We offer multiple scholarships through organizations such as Lorain County Joint Vocational School and the Lorain County 4-H Endowment Fund.
"Best In Class" - We strive to be one step ahead of our competition and the rest of the market. In addition, we want to stay ahead of the curve in technological advancements for our customers. We offer specialized training and Case IH recently awarded "Pinnacle" status to our parts department, a recognition for the best of the best in the US.
Customers Come First - Everybody says it, but for us, at Wellington Implement it’s not something we say, it’s something we do. Day after day, year after year, it is what we have built our business on. It is who we ARE. No other local dealer offers a wider range of services, enhancements, parts, rentals, support functions and technical expertise than Wellington Implement. With over 35 professionals on staff, Wellington Implement has over 268 years of knowledge to create a rock solid product support network. We have a top-down, no-nonsense strategy of doing what is necessary to take care of our customers. No one is afraid to get their hands dirty to lend a hand, and each of our employees is empowered to make decisions on the spot, all in the name of getting our customers back up and running as soon as humanly possible.
If you wish to be considered for a current or future opportunity please email us your application and resume or to contact us with questions.
View/print employment application.